Who we are
The Mission of the Santa Fe Human Rights Alliance is to educate, engage, encourage and celebrate LGBT inclusion, pride and acceptance for all people.
The Human Rights Alliance was Founded in 1993 in response to the defeat of Senate Bill 91, civil rights legislation for lesbians and gay men. Rallying around the enthusiasm of our grass roots crusade, local activists joined together to create this non-profit organization whose primary goal was to end discrimination of all kinds. The Alliance seeks to build coalitions with groups who will work for the civil rights of all New Mexicans.
In addition to these goals, we organize the annual Santa Fe Pride festival, held every year at the end of June.
Click to meet the Executive Board and Board Members.
- Build Community through communication
- Respond to gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender needs
- Pass human and civil rights legislation
- Honor and value diversity
- Build and nourish meaningful relationships with our allies
- Change people's hearts and mind about the LGBT community
- Communication with the LGBT community of the Santa Fe area
- Increase participation, as well as implement, monitor and evaluate HRA programs
Want to get more involved?
Come to our public meetings, held the first Sunday of every month at 5pm in our Pride office at (new location) 141 East Palace Avenue, Suite 3 (lower entry on right side of bldg at Otero St), Santa Fe, NM. For more information, contact HRA president Richard Bell at 505-428-9167 or email@example.com.